How do I transfer issuer sponsored holdings to my Marketech account/HIN?

How do I transfer issuer sponsored holdings to my Marketech account/HIN?

To transfer issuer (SRN) sponsored holdings to your Marketech HIN, simply:
  1. Print and complete the attached Issuer Sponsored Holding Transfer Form (the form must be signed by pen).
  2. Submit to Marketech at
  3. Attach copies of your individual holding statements (no more than 12 months old) or a recent dividend statement.
Key tips:
  1. Issuer holdings statements and/or dividend statements provided must display the full Securityholder Reference Number (SRN) e.g. I0998837773;
  2. The registration of your issuer holdings must be in the exact name/entity and registered address as your Marketech account. This includes joint accounts - you cannot transfer a holding registered in a single name to an account registered in joint names;
  3. The registration address on your issuer holding statement must also match your Marketech registration address.
How to obtain a copy of your issuer sponsored holding statement:
If you do not have a current copy of your holding statement or latest dividend statement, you can obtain this online by visiting the corresponding share registry's 'investor centre' and entering your Securityholder Reference Number (SRN) and your post code under the Single Holding Login.
If you do not have access to your SRN you will need to contact the relevant share registry to find out how you can obtain your holdings information.

What to do if your issuer sponsored holdings are registered in an old name: 
If the registered name/entity on your issuer holding statement reflects an old name e.g. your maiden name (and therefore does not match your registered name at Marketech), you will need  to contact the corresponding share registry to have your holding(s) updated with your current name. You will then need to request a copy of the holding statement(s) reflecting your updated  name. 
Each share registry has a different process, so visit their website for more information.

What to do if your issuer sponsored holdings are registered in an old address 
You will need to contact and update the corresponding share registry with your current address and request updated statements to be provided to you.

    • Related Articles

    • How do I transfer my HIN or Stock from another broker?

      When you complete an online application, you can choose to transfer your HIN from another broker or establish a new HIN with Marketech. Please note that the transfer time varies based on how responsive your current broker is. **For active traders who ...
    • What if my HIN transfer doesn’t work?

      Here are a few reasons your HIN/stock transfer request can be rejected or delayed: Electronically signed - your transfer request form must be signed by pen. Incorrect details - check that you have provided us with the correct HIN and broker PID.  ...
    • Are there fees when transferring my holdings to Marketech from another broker?

      Marketech do not charge for HIN transfers or uploading stock from an SRN.   Off-Market Transfers do attract a fee of $27.50 per holding.  This fee is charged to you directly by OpenMarkets, on your authority they will debit the fee directly from your ...
    • What is CHESS? What is a HIN?

      CHESS (Clearing House Electronic Sub-Register System) is the computer system used by the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), Chi-X Australia (CXA) and National Stock Exchange (NSX) to record shareholdings and manage the settlement of share ...
    • What if my SRN doesn’t match?

      You will need to contact the corresponding share registry that manages the company’s stock which can be found on the company’s website.